вторник, 19 марта 2019 г.

Slowing It Down


I have this problem (among many), one that I can't imagine is entirely unique to me. Namely, I sabotage every dating situation I get into where I think I might like the girl. And it's not like I'm doing stupid things either, like being mean, ignoring their advances or being unable to keep my facts straight if I happen to be dating multiple girls at once (though I'll admit, just once I'd like to purposefully mix up my facts, if for no other reason than to gauge the reaction).

http://www.vttour.fr/actu/go.php?url=https://blog.loveawake.com/2019/02/27/how-to-impress-your-girlfriends-family/

No, I seem to be sabotaging things by being too eager, too anxious. Finding a girl I actually like seems to happen as often as Britney Spears gets touted for her high intelligence quotient, so when I do actually come across someone who holds my interest, can anyone really blame me for getting excited?

http://unrealengine.vn/redirect/?url=https://blog.loveawake.com/2019/02/27/how-to-impress-your-girlfriends-family/

Apparently, the answer is yes. Because every single time, without fail, I end up wanting to see the girl too often, and she ends up bolting for the door. Apparently, I'm still unable to grasp the difference between dating in college and in the real world (not that I actually "dated" in college, but you get my drift). In college, you see your friends, your crushes and your hookups every day. They're almost unavoidable. I still haven't gotten used to the fact that it's OK if you only see someone once a week, or even once every two weeks at the outset of dating. Or maybe I just wish I was back in college.
Don't we all?

http://ml.oeno.tm.fr/lm.php?tk=CVBBTkFHSU9USVMgVEFUQVJJRElTKglQQU5FUE8tUEFOIEhFTExFTklDIFVOSU9OIEVOT0xPR0lTVFMJcGFuZXBvQHBhbmVwby5ncglFbnRlciB0aGUgV29ybGQgb2YgdGhlIEJlc3QgTXVzY2F0cyBXaW5lcwkxMzkxCQk2MDkzCWNsaWNrCXllcwlubw==&url=https://blog.loveawake.com/2019/02/27/how-to-impress-your-girlfriends-family/

The shame of it is, I should totally learn from the myriad of dating situations in which I don't like the girl.
In those cases, where quite frankly I couldn't care less if I ever saw the girl again, I act very blase about the whole thing to the point where the apathy is literally oozing out of my pores. Wouldn't you know it... those girls can't get enough of me. It's as if the very notion that I'm simply not interested either never even crosses their minds, or is simply too shocking to the system to be believed. Then again, I'm sure I'm not helping matters by continually acquiescing to their sexual advances.

http://www.google.com.ua/url?q=https://blog.loveawake.com/2019/02/27/how-to-impress-your-girlfriends-family/

Either way, I've never really been able to reconcile the fact that I come off as more attractive to girls when I don't care about them at all. Where's the logic in this? What good can possibly come out of slobbering around like a dog begging to be taken for a walk after someone who's not interested in you? Because it certainly doesn't work the same way in reverse (for me, anyway). Granted, I absolutely enjoy a good chase, but I get the hint when I'm being blown off, and I pick up and move on to the next one (or five).
Hell, forget being blown off... I've even been known to move on if I even catch a whiff of disinterest.


Then again, maybe it's not about reconciliation.
Clearly, I'll never fully (or even remotely) understand the female mind, so all I really can do is apply the lessons from what I've observed. And that means tempering my emotions, and perhaps slowing down the dating process to the point where I'm not frothing at the mouth at the expectation of a quality date or getting physical with someone I like (probably a good idea). And despite that I often desire to hit you ladies over the head with the figurative hammer, I also know that at some point in this experiment of trial and error that I like to call dating, some girl out there is going to be wise beyond her years enough to say, "hey... here's a guy I like who actually likes me back. What a novel idea... maybe I should explore this!"


And in the meantime, I can take solace in the fact that there remain plenty of girls out there with whom total apathy is still a viable strategy to keep me busy.




















Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

Примечание. Отправлять комментарии могут только участники этого блога.