вторник, 23 июля 2019 г.

Don’t Overdo It



While I’m fighting the sharp tingle of a hangover that pierces the back of my head, I’m reminded by a rule I’ve often broken at the Florida club, overdoing it. There’s nothing wrong with going out and getting drunk, but there’s a limit, one many of us have passed in our adventures drinking. I’ve found ways to leave my limits waving to me on the horizon of “this is going to hurt in the morning” road many times. Getting buzzed or a bit drunk is okay, but no one loves a sloppy drunk. I’ve found that many sloppy drunk women are hit on my really creepy men, mainly because they are seen as vulnerable and an easy lay. I’ve also found many sloppy drunk men tend to me more aggressive and dickish, often finding themselves fights or passed out. Yep, this is the cats meow!

There’s nothing wrong with partying, but going to far overboard, while trying to meet someone will cause trouble.

Some of my most interesting nights begin with “at the time I already had 4 beers inside of me.” Those tend to be famous last words as my nights turn into a vibrant haze of crazy drunken foolery, and excitable events. However, I’ve found myself making a fool of myself for pushing my limits. I haven’t done anything I regret because of drinking (well, there was that one time that I gave a chick a lap dance in a chair…), but I don’t ever remember being really proud of my sexual adventures at clubs after being silly drunk.
I also don’t remember going home with someone I respected, wanted, or even cared about while being silly drunk. Most times I’ve gone home alone.

The same goes for my friends, some of them have passed out, other’s don’t remember much of the night, some have had arguments with interested parties. Between helping them find cabs, train stations, or garbage cans, I’m sure the impression they’ve left on others were memorable. I often doubt it. A sloppy, silly drunk isn’t an attractive trait, most men are turned off by it, and most women find it rude. Often, everyone regrets the morning afterwards.

I’m not suggesting people shouldn’t drink or get drunk at the club. I would be a hypocrite. I’m suggesting it isn’t the best mode to operate while attempting to find someone at a club. You’re not going to find the right person while you’re slurring. Mr. or Mrs. Right isn’t going to wait for you. You’re only going to mess up your wardrobe.


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

Примечание. Отправлять комментарии могут только участники этого блога.