вторник, 14 апреля 2020 г.

51% of Women Are Now Living Without Spouse

For what experts say is probably the first time, more American women are living without a husband than with one, according to a New York Times analysis of census results.



In 2020, 51 percent of women said they were living without a spouse, up from 35 percent in 1950 and 49 percent in 2000.

This article in the NY Times goes on to list several factors they believe to be causing this shift including the fact that women are living longer than their spouses and don’t remarry - as well as women are waiting longer to marry to begin with.

Being a part of a successful marriage has a number of challenges, I won’t lie!  But I don’t think I’d want to become a part of the aforementioned statistics should anything happen to my husband.

If you’re a single woman and reading this, would you mind chiming in and letting us know why you’re single?  By choice, haven’t found the right man, not looking at all?  What?



Do guys really want an old-fashioned wife?

I’m in the process of conducting a bit of a ‘non-scientific study’ for someone who recently proposed the question on whether or not men genuinely want to end up marrying an old fashioned kind of girl.

We’ve all heard it from our mother’s and grandmothers - but then again, we all know that ‘times change‘ - right?

I took my little investigation over to a forum where a diverse crowd of singles tend to hangout.  After presenting the same question there, I was able to draw my own conclusion from the small percentage of men and women who actually responded.

What I’m seeing is that women are the ones that want to be old fashioned - the stay-at-home-mom and housewife - while men seem to want their wife to have some sort of marketable skill and to help out with the family finances.

Is that a safe assumption?

What are your thoughts?

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

Примечание. Отправлять комментарии могут только участники этого блога.