пятница, 3 июля 2020 г.

The Mac is Bac(k) and Totally Married!


Hello all!
Well, Liz and I are back from the honeymoon, and boy was it WAY too short. Oh, you all know Liz, right? You know — my WIFE? (Still so weird and cool to say.) Some folks have requested some pictures. I’ll figure out a way to do that at some point, but here’s one quick one for now:

That’s me and my totally radiant and beautiful lady fair, standing with the Rev. And yes, I’m wearing jeans. (My little niece who wasn’t there asked about this several times.) It’s ok, they’re from Banana Republic. As is everything else I’m wearing, now that I think of it. Man, in this picture I’m pretty much a mannequin from there. That would be embarrassing, except that I have a head and their mannequins don’t. All in all, I think I win on that count.
Here’s another one of Liz and her dad waiting to walk out for the hitchin’:
Who married that beauty? That would be me.
The wedding was…well, it was eventful, let’s say. What I mean is, we got what we deserved for trying to have a “no drama wedding.” We only had about 15 people there, we had it Liz’s parent’s house, simple, simple, simple. Everything went unbelievably smoothly, all was perfect, everything was just the sweetest, most meaningful and awesome thing ever…
…right until one of our guests collapsed and was rushed to the cardiac intensive care unit at the hospital. During the middle of the ceremony. Seriously.
Don’t worry, don’t worry — he’s totally ok now. It was mostly related to the fact that he wasn’t fully acclimated to being about 7,000 feet above sea level. And who is? But, ah, holy crap was it ever scary for a day or so there. And what a great reminder that you need to do/say/act on whatever you want to, like, NOW.
And it just goes to show that there IS no such thing as a “no drama wedding.” It’s like unicorns and fat free fig newtons. Sounds possible, but it ain’t. You can make it as smooth as a baby’s hindquarters, but sooner or later something…er…exciting’s gonna happen.
But even given the CPR-sized bump in the road, our wedding was the best. Great people, great cake. We were married by an old childhood pal of Liz’s, Rev. Sarah Halverson, who was (and still is) hugely involved in attempting to defeat Prop 8 in California. Keep fighting the good fight, Rev!
And the honeymoon was so much fun. We stayed at a spa out in the middle of nowhere called “Ojo Caliente,” which I definitely recommend. But then we did one of the coolest things ever….
AHOY, HUMANS! WELCOME ABOARD THE EARTHSHIP!
We spent one night in an “Earthship,” Which is a 100% self-sustaining house. By that I mean that it is 100% off the grid. No electricity but from solar panels. No water but what’s caught off the roof. No active heating OR cooling. And no compromises at all on ANY of it. Plenty of power, super warm even though it was 23 degrees outside. And in pretty much the most beautiful place on the planet, right outside of Taos, NM. We want to live in one of these things, stat.
Seriously, if you’re ever near Taos, look up our new pal, Jill at www.heliohouse.com and see if she’s got a night available for you to stay there. Reasonably priced, and totally cool place to stay. And Jill was just the best. She answered all our crazy earthship questions and then some!
Anyway, we’re back in Brooklyn, missing the desert like crazy, grateful for all our great family and friends who came to our wedding…AND as if that wasn’t enough– Liz is now not only my lady fair, but my 100% enwifened one. And I couldn’t be happier about the whole thing. The past couple of weeks have been the best of my life, and I just expect it to get better.
I missed you, my manslatees, devotees, and devout worshippers! I’ll be back tomorrow with your regularly scheduled manslations!
If you are from UK and looking for online dating, you might also like to visit ...


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

Примечание. Отправлять комментарии могут только участники этого блога.