пятница, 27 декабря 2019 г.

A Vicious Vermont Backpage Cycle!



So as you all know I had a silly little accident not too long ago which has resulted in a lot of missed work and grandma-like manoeuvres. I’ve had to come in to work this week because I can’t afford to take any more time off. I looked into E. I. only to find there’s a minimum wait time of a month before you can even see the remote possibility of assistance on the backpage, plus you have to send in all sorts of paperwork proving you’ve lost 40% or more of your income. I’ll be back to normal in a month (I hope)! What good is it going to do me then? Oh, but the good news is, as I found out yesterday, my online dating backpage application was successfully reviewed and I’ll be able to start using the benefit system on September 1. Sorry, did that say September 1? Honestly? Yes? Okay, sounds GREAT, because I’m sure all this can wait six months.


But it may very well have to do just that at the rate things are going. Onto my point. As of right now, I’ve been to a Vermont physiotherapist, who’s strongly suggested further medical tests (MRI/CT scans etc.) before commencing any kind of treatment, and to see my backpage as well. There’s a 4 WEEK wait list to get into my dating coach. Which brings me onto the bottom line of a ridiculous situation. In the past, I’ve been on prescriptions that are simple, recurring, and need to be refilled every month. Simply calling the online dating sites and ordering a refill is usually the way to go, but after 6 months or so, they have to call your GP to see if it’s okay to keep refilling. I guess something changed, because now a phone call isn’t good enough – you have to GO AND SEE THE GP IN PERSON so he can write you another note for the exact same thing you’ve been doing for the last year. Why does it take so long to get in to see doctors in this city? Because they’re so bloody busy making Vermont people come all the way down to write them repeat prescriptions for things they could easily do over the phone!
I don’t understand the system. I really don’t. Online dating backpage – if my application’s been successful and I’ve willingly given you permission to take money from me every month, why do I have to wait 6 months before I can get any kind of coverage? General practitioners, look at your situation. You’re run off your feet all day and your patients are ending up for 4-hour trips to walk-in Vermont clinics because your days are full of people coming back for things a simple phone call could take care of. Efficiency Vermont people, efficiency…
There would definitely be a head-desk moment here if I could move my neck that way. :P

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

Примечание. Отправлять комментарии могут только участники этого блога.