вторник, 26 ноября 2019 г.

Is Racial Profiling Good For Our Multiculture

Rarely do I get involved with political topics, but I’ve been thinking about the multicultural environment in Arizona.  Honestly it has me irritated.  I’ve always known that Arizona is conservative state with it’s own wild west justice.  From Tent City in the desert heat to John McCain, Arizona is a different place in my book.  So when I heard that Arizona is planning to enforce their own immigration law, I was a bit shocked to hear the details.


The part that disturbs me is that the proposed law encourages racial profiling.  I didn’t grow up in the era when racial profiling was a popular tool for law enforcement.  It has been on the decline during my life.  But I’ve heard the horror stories and I’ve watched some suspicious law enforcement activity.  So I don’t understand how anything good can come from this new law.

I understand that the citizens of Arizona are concerned with rising crime rates and they feel that the illegal immigrants are the cause.  But is that really the cause of the problem or is it the excuse?  I’m sure if you use that mathematical equation, the crime rate should be low in areas like Little Rock, Tulsa, Salt Lake City or Nashville.  But that’s not the case.  What about all the immigrants from other countries?  Isn’t there a large number of immigrants from Europe, Asia and India?  Does this mean that the only safe people are blonde blue eyed people?  I’ve never heard of a blond blue eyed person complain of racial profiling.


So why am I writing about this?  Well there will be plenty of innocent people that will fall victim to this legal way to racial profile.  I’ve met plenty of biracial people who have a Hispanic/Mexican appearance.  Alpha Boy was one of them when he was younger.  I’ve spent a lot of time in South Beach/Miami area and I always get profiled as Cuban.  I’m not sure if that’s because the color of my eyes or the bright ass colors of my cloths.  Either way, nothing good can come from it.


I’m wondering what group of people in America has the largest chance of dealing with racial profiling.  I’m would guess that interracial daters deal with racial profiling more often.  Not just because that’s the topic of IDW, but because it’s true.  For years interracial daters have dealt with harassment from law enforcement. Recently I heard a story from a friend who was stopped by the police and they asked his wife if “he” was her pimp.  I almost fell out my chair laughing, but it’s still happens in 2019.

So I want to know how do you feel about the proposed law?  Is this a good thing for the multicultural environment that we are attempting to cultivate in America?  Or will this set us back 50 years?

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

Примечание. Отправлять комментарии могут только участники этого блога.