пятница, 17 мая 2019 г.

Damn, We Make Some Stupid Dating Mistakes! Just a Random Thought…


One of the best things about having good platonic male friends is that I’m able to get a glimpse into the entertaining dating life of an adult male.

While discussing New Year’s Eve plans with a male friend of mine, we (as usual) came across the topic of dating. Naturally, this friend is keeping his options open by dating a few ladies at one time. Two of the females want more while he’s content with the way things are. Another one thinks they’re in a relationship just because he cooked a meal for her and they did the nasty a few times. Another one, after only knowing my friend for a month, wants him to meet her son.
As he’s telling me these stories, I realize that we (women) make the same mistakes again and again and again when it comes to dating and relationships.
Below is just a few of the mistakes we make:
1.       Trusting a man too soon. Trust is something that should be EARNED and let’s face it, most men you meet will not be trustworthy. There are many sharks out there, so it’s best to protect your heart…and other body parts.
2.      Having extremely highexpectations too soon. I’ve noticed that women like to romanticize situations from the moment they go on that first date. For the love of God and yourself – please stop!!!  You may be setting yourself up for some major disappointment.
3.      Giving too much too soon. This one is a pattern of mine. I can admit it. When I really like a guy, I tend to go above and beyond in every aspect too soon in the dating situation – and we’re not even talking about the relationship stage yet. When we stop dating a few months to a year later, I’m kicking myself for having done so much for that person for nothing. If it’s reciprocated, I see no problem with it, but this is rarely the case.
4.      Having sex on the first date. I’m sorry…I know we are modern, sexually liberated females and all, but I still think this is a mistake – especially since (and we women know this) it’s probably not going to be as good for you as it will be for him. What’s the rush?
5.      Assuming exclusivity. Unless the two of you have had ‘the talk’ and you’ve both agreed to having a relationship or seeing each other exclusively, you are not in a relationship. This is especially true if you’re dating someone who’s into online dating.

Much of the above are pieces of advice we’ve heard from our mothers, aunts, and grandmothers for years. And you know what?? The shit still applies!  Wisdom usually comes with years of experience. If I’ve learned anything in my 31 years, it’s certainly that small truth. I only wish I’d listen to a few of these ‘Words of Wisdom’ from the strong women in my family when I was younger. Could’ve saved myself from Lord knows how much overall disappointment and pissed offedness!


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

Примечание. Отправлять комментарии могут только участники этого блога.