среда, 8 мая 2019 г.

ONCE UPON YOUR DREAMS


The word dream, to me that word sounds heavenly. I think I was born with that word tattooed on my soul. It’s safe to say, like many of you, I am a DREAMER!
Some may say I live my life in the clouds, in this bubble of positive energy. How can one always be that happy? I have been asked. Hello, I do have my upside down days but I try not to let it show. Ok so let’s get back to dreaming, my favorite topic these days. Let me start out by saying I am a huge advocate of chasing your dreams relentlessly. You could say that, that is the motto I have claimed.
Take a moment to think about that? What are your dreams? Are you chasing them? Do you believe in yourself? Do you have a passion, a hobby, a gift (that’s your talent)? What are you doing with it? This morning reading Oprah’s newsletter I came across her quotables and read this:

“ There is no greater gift you can give or receive than to honor your calling. It’s why you were born. And how you become most truly alive.”

I suggest you all write that down as an amazing reminder that you are here with a purpose. Don’t forget that.
As you all may know or don’t, I am an Artist, of many mediums. So many I’ve lost count, I like to challenge myself so I try a little bit of everything. Let’s go back 15 years since I have been in college where I majored in graphic design and that’s what my parents wanted me to do, go find a job in an advertising company, but at the time while I was going to school I was working at a cosmetics store, Cosmetics Plus. That’s where I realized that I had a knack for making the canvas of a face beautiful. So, for four years I worked for many cosmetic lines ie: Chanel, Prescriptives, Lancome, MAC, Decleor putting myself through my own paid beauty school. I learned all the ins & outs of the beauty business which in turn I would come to start my own cosmetic line years later. At that time, that was mydream. I followed it & made it a reality.
I no longer have my company because running a business being a full time mommy of 3 (at the time) and health issues just wore me out. I had to make a decision. I did and I haven’t looked back.
Today I am where I want to be. I am actively pursuing my art career. I design just about everything, custom made illustrations, logo design, killr heels, custom iPhone/ Galaxy Cases etc.
In order to keep myself motivated and pumped, well hello, I get my daily dose of The Indie Chicks and keep up with posts from The Crazy Bitch Society. I am always writing down their quotes in my journal, keeping the positive flow streaming my way is a must for my everyday, because when I feel like I am loosing momentum, I go and read my journal and remember that there is a reason for my existence and just keep taking action towards the realization of my dreams.
Here are a few of my favorite quotes:
“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
“All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was just a vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.” – T. E. Lawrence
“My mother said to me, ‘ If you are a soldier, you will become a general. If you are a monk, you will become the Pope. ‘ Instead I was a painter, and became Picasso.” –Pablo Picasso
“The world needs dreamers and the world needs doers. But above all, the world needs dreamers who do.”  -Sarah Ban Breathnach
“Cherish your visions and your dreams as they are the children of your soul, the blueprints of your ultimate achievements.” 
-Napoleon Hill
The KEY here is to NEVER give up! No matter how hard it gets, no matter how many people tell you not to. You GO for it. Because, yes you can! Follow your heart, I believe in YOU!
I think we have all heard that term “ You are the creator of your own destiny. “ YOU are!  If you constantly are asking yourself why does this happen to me, playing the victim gets you nowhere. Turn your manner of thinking around, watch and see how many doors begin to open up for you.


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

Примечание. Отправлять комментарии могут только участники этого блога.