пятница, 10 мая 2019 г.

Men: Hunters or Predators?

While on a date this past weekend with an acquaintance suddenly turned serious dating material, I noticed something very interesting.  We were sitting at a local dive sports bar/dive lounge (I really don’t know any other way to describe this place) chatting, flirting, and just plain ole’ having a good time, when another male patron brushed by me saying the words, “Yeah…you’re hot.” Now, I suppose I should be flattered because I honestly did not think I was looking my best. I mean, I’d run home from work and thrown on the usual date uniform – stilettos, skinnies, accessories, and flirty top – accompanied by a cute bag, of course. I’d had absolutely no time to ‘do up’ my hair into any kind of cute style, but was trying my hardest to look carelessly hot for the man I was out with.
No…I can’t say I was flattered, just mainly surprised that the male patron (who was of a much smaller stature than my date) actually had the balls to say that right in front of him. Lucky for him, my date didn’t hear it.
I thought all was good in the hood…until I ran into Little Man on my way to the bathroom where he asked to “talk for a minute”.  When I’d had enough entertainment, I laughed, shoved him out of my way, and went to the bathroom. Thankfully, my date was waiting for me outside when I was done.
Once we sat down, I took a look around the bar and the crowd and realized that we women are like prey almost anywhere we go.  I know they say that men are hunters, but I’m gonna go ahead and say they’re more like predators.
A cute or pretty girl would walk into the bar, pass a group of guys, or simply get up to move her seat, and 7 out of 10 guys around her would watch her every move. If a young lady walked by on her way to the bar or toward friends, she would have to endure “comments” or have her arm and/or ass grabbed. I mean, is touching really necessary? I think not.
Now a few of the ladies there seemed to enjoy this type of attention. Sad…really.  And as I sat there, drinking from my date’s gin and tonic, I couldn’t help but to wonder if the females who were so desperate for attention are the reason why men hoot and holler at women from across the bar or street, in the grocery store, at the gym, while she’s walking her dog, while she’s minding her own damn business, etc.
Do men think that because acting like a horny lil’ bastard worked on those girls in college, it’ll work on adult females as well?  That’s just ri-damn-diculous.
Note to Men:
If you’re interested in talking to a mature, intelligent female, try speaking to her like she’s a normal human being you’re interested in getting to know and NOT like she’s a piece of meat.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

Примечание. Отправлять комментарии могут только участники этого блога.